6.12.2010

Bathrooms aplenty in NYC!!!

This was not my favorite work week of all time. I will spare you the details of 3 angry schizophrenics, one that wanted to follow me around the building while walking 1 inch form my back, and one telling me what a "Thick Girl" she thought I was. Like most good stories it is only the ending that really matters and puts things in perspective.

So I find myself sitting at work at 6:30 on Friday night due to a renegade client that decided to freak out and run away instead of hanging around to be hospitalized. I stop getting paid at 4:30 (arguably, for the amount I make, if calculated fairly, I stop getting paid at 11:00, which is why I generally sit in my office and surf the Internet and clean my belly button from 11 - 4:30) so I normally choose to go home by 4:30. The client was eventually found, not in the traditional way, with the 2 cop cars involved helping us and actually doing their job, but because our nurse went to her house and found her drinking Kool-Aid and having solo dance parties. So finally at 6:30 I leave work with my co-worker, who we will call AvidDay to protect his identity.

So we get almost home and we are standing in the dirty train station waiting for the train having normal conversation: "so if I jumped down there could I lay under the train as it comes or do I need to lose weight" and "would you rather be a sadist or a masochist?" We are one train from home and it seems like the world is starting to align again and the horrible week is finally washing away. UNTIL..... the train comes and we get in. AvidDay sits down and I look at the ground. I take off away from him and he looks at the ground and gets up and comes to where I am and says "that's not chicken". AvidDay was referring to the pile of human corn filled turd on the ground in front of his feet that he initially assumed was fried chicken that someone dropped. AvidDay looks at me and say "What the hell, YOU ARE A MAGNET FOR THIS SHIT!" and he is right....

***side story****I have reported 3 instances where I have gotten on the train right after someone has "lost control". It has been horrible every time. AvidDay has lived n NY for 20+ years and has never seen this, which leads to him think I am telling tall tales every time. ***side story over****

I decide that I am SO done with this week that I will get off the train and walk the rest of the way home. Right before the doors open I decide that there are too many tourists on the train to not take advantage of this. I pull out my phone and walk over to the pile of turd and snap a picture. The tourists were completely horrified and now I will forever be in the story they tell their grand kids about the time they were on the subway and some crazy person took a picture of the pile of crap. Here is the picture, just in case I am ever accused of telling tall tales again.
The sign in the train technically says "no radios, no spitting". Looks like it is time to set some new rules.

Moral of the story... I had a shitty week.

2 Comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Ahahahahahahah!

dragon6193 said...

I love it girlie! All I have to do when I think that i'm having a bad week is look for someone who is blogging about it, lmfao!!! Thanks Chicka!!!